2014 Yamaha Apex® SE
Blowout: Save $495.00 now until 2/28/2019
studs, wrap, fox floats, very clean
The high tech Apex® SE is the first trail sled with all-air suspensions, EPS and EXUP!
- Top Performance 4-cylinder Genesis 4-Stroke engine: The Top Performance 4-cylinder Genesis engine remains the best combination of pure power and rock-solid reliability. Throw in excellent fuel efficiency, low emissions, and no need for pre-mix oil and it’s easy to see why the Yamaha 4-cylinder Genesis is the most complete engine on snow.
- Airbox/intake: The intake tract on the Apex is 11mm long which maximizes air intake and betters performance. The engine utilizes the pressure waves in the intake tubes as well as the airbox to boost airflow and maximize high RPM performance.
- Injector: The distance between the throttle valve and intake valve is designed to optimum fuel delivery. The 4-hole injector on the throttle body creates a spray of finely atomized fuel, with droplets of just tenths of a micron in size. The spray is aimed directly at the intake valve skirt for maximum efficiency and performance. The result? Unmatched throttle response and power.
- EXUP and exhaust pipe: Yamaha-exclusive EXUP valve technology controls the exhaust pressure waves for optimum intake and exhaust efficiency, delivering unmatched overall performance with more midrange torque. Additionally, the exhaust pipes have been enlarged to 38mm from 35mm for added exhaust pressure wave efficiency.
- 15 x 128 x 1.25-inch Ripsaw™ track: The Rip Saw™ track design has been widely acclaimed in the industry as the best all-around OEM track for acceleration, cornering bite and everyday trail usage. The Rip Saw™ track development is the result of a collaborative effort between Yamaha and Camoplast®.
- Engine Braking Reduction System: The Top Performance Genesis 4-Stroke engine features the unique Engine Braking Reduction System. The system allows a small amount of air to pass through the fuel injection system when the throttle is released, giving riders more of a "coast" feeling.
- Electric Power Steering: Industry-exclusive electric power steering system is velocity sensitive, delivering maximum assist up to trail speed, and gradually tapering off from there. You'll love the EPS system because it helps isolate the rider from uncomfortable trail feedback, eases the effort required to move the bars, and provides excellent handling and predictability.
- New Tuner Dual-Keel Skis: The tuner dual-keel ski greatly contributes to the Apex SE’s trail character. The dual keels keep the ski tracking straight and true down the trail, eliminating nosiness and darting. Each keel has its own wearbar, and Yamaha has four different bar configurations to choose from, which means you can tune your sled's cornering bite and steering effort to suit your personal preference.
- Front suspension geometry: The 15mm trail offset on the ski mount help minimize inside ski lift due to centrifugal force during turns. This offset helps the Apex SE achieve its amazingly smooth handling and straight line performance.
- Rigid steering gate: The steering gate has a rigid single-piece construction designed to handle the additional forces exerted by the EPS system. The gate is made using Yamaha's exclusive lightweight, yet rugged CF diecast manufacturing process.
- Hooked handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the Apex SE. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Short exhaust system: The Apex SE has a very short, compact exhaust layout. This helps keep the sleds mass centralized, which results in excellent handling. Another benefit of the short exhaust design is that the tunnel no longer needs to have a cast reinforcement piece to hold the muffler.
- Mono Shock® II Air: The Mono Shock II Air rear suspension uses a single Fox® Mega FLOAT® shock to control the travel of the skid. The shock is preload adjustable via a small hand air pump and can be adjusted to nearly any rider/trail combination. Decked out with highly engineered features, this trouble-free suspension can handle trail bumps with ease.
- Fox MegaFLOAT®: The Fox® Mega FLOAT shock mounted on the rear has a design very similar to the front shocks. The Mega FLOAT® shock has more than twice the air volume of the front shocks, which combats heat accumulation. Like the FLOAT® 2 shocks, the Mega FLOAT® has a negative spring design to make the start of the shock's stroke smooth (less "stiction") for a very compliant ride.
- Fox FLOAT® 2 front shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 2 shocks use an air spring designed to force the piston to rebound. This eliminates the need for steel coil springs. The air springs cut three pounds off the sled’s overall weight, as compared to traditional coil over springs. The springs are individually tunable by using a pocket-sized air pump, which comes with the sled, so consumers will be able to set the front suspension up to their liking.
- Seat: The Apex SE's seat raises the rider's hips approximately 2 inches for all-day trail riding comfort. The seat has a roomy storage trunk at the rear. It's large enough to hold a couple water bottles and spare gloves.
- Standard electric start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Apex SE with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Windshield: The windshield and side deflector design, developed using computer modeling, provides maximum wind protection with minimum aerodynamic drag and swirl-in.
- Standard mechanical reverse: The Apex SE's simple reverse system allows riders to back out of tight spaces hassle-free. It's engaged with the lever located on the right shroud. Just pull out the lever and slide it to the right for quick and easy use.
- Dual DC outlets: The Apex SE offers two styles of DC outlets. It comes with a standard automotive-style outlet for cell phones, GPS or other electronics accessories. And it also comes standard with an RCA-style plug near the left hand grip to power up heated helmet visors or other small-plug accessories.
- New! Graphic packages: The Apex SE comes in two graphic packages; Yamaha Blue as well as Heat Red.
- Type: 4-stroke / 4-cyl / 998cc / EXUP
- Engine Class: Top Performance Genesis
- Clutch: YVXC
- Fuel Delivery: 4 x 39mm fuel injection
- Fuel Capacity: 9.2 gal (34.6L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox ® FLOAT® 2
- Front Travel: 8.6 in (219mm)
- Rear Suspension: Mono Shock II Air 128
- Rear Shock(s): Fox ® Mega FLOAT®
- Rear Travel: 11.6 in (295mm)
- Track / W X L X H: 15 x 128 x 1.25 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw®
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42.5 in (1080mm)
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- DC Output: Automotive & RCA
- Color (s): Yamaha Blue, Heat Red
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- Type: 4-stroke, EXUP; Engine Class: Top Performance Genesis
- 998 cc
- 4 x 39mm fuel injection
- Drive Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone; Front Shocks: Fox ® FLOAT® 2
- Front Travel
- 8.6 in. (219 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Mono Shock II Air 128; Rear Shock(s): Fox ® Mega FLOAT®
- Rear Travel
- 11.6 in. (295 mm)
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw®
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 128 x 1.25 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 9.2 gal. (34.6 L)
- Yamaha Blue, Heat Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start